We are currently recruiting for a Performance Manager to join the central team of a major Media Agency working across EMEAR markets for a leading Alcohol client. You will be leading the client relationship and managing the across their market portfolio ensuring the Agency consistently deliver strategic and media planning excellence across all local campaigns.
As the Performance Manager, you will have genuine passion for Performance media, driving innovation and a thirst for knowledge. The candidate should want to explore new ideas and constantly want to drive the account forward. Experience on an alcoholic brand is desirable but not essential as training is in place. As the role spans EMEAR, the candidate should ideally have international experience.
We are looking for someone special to join this amazing team and support in delivering above excellence work in addition to helping to build and nurture collaborative and positive relationships between the Account team and Marketing client. The candidate will have to have exceptional attention to detail, a genuine passion for communications and plenty of energy! The Client rightly has high expectations and they respond to individuals who are pioneering, positive and passionate.
Desirable Competencies & Behaviours:
- Leadership – Experience in leadership is critical as the successful candidate will be expected to own and drive briefs and projects autonomously, including leading and guiding more junior team members as well as specialist departments.
- Lateral Thinker – The successful candidate will be a lateral thinker with strong all-round problem solving skills. This is an interesting and unique client that often requires ‘a new way’ of approaching seemingly standard challenges.
- Solution Driven – Ability to brainstorm and find solutions when they are not apparent or readily available and deliver the best possible ‘way forward’.
- High Quality Output – Ability to produce high quality output and ability to coach and inspire quality output from more junior members of the team.
- Strategically Competent – Although the role isn’t for a strategist, the candidate will regularly need to ‘wear two hats’ and support the Performance Director in the development of performance related strategy with support from channel specialists, therefore, understanding of how to develop strategy is a requirement for the role.
- Communications & Media Planning – Have strong experience in Performance media planning across Paid Search, Amazon, Paid Social, and Programmatic. The candidate must be able to develop and deliver sharp insights, and articulate the roles for communications, provide strong rationale for recommended media mix, budget thresholds and measurement frameworks.
- Readily Shares Opinions: We need a candidate who readily shares their opinions based on knowledge from previous campaign planning experience, industry knowledge and out of genuine curiosity.
- Excellent Account Management – Strong experience in managing, evaluating and upskilling junior output. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing, supporting and guiding the Senior Planner and Planner with support from the Performance Director.
- Strong Client Management – Proven experience in strategic client man-marking. Demonstrate competent understanding of client requirements. Ensure that all output is client acentric and regularly anticipate client needs.
- Tech Savvy – The Client have a very impressive tech stack ranging from numerous data partners, data visualisation platforms and a fully on-boarded DMP. Whilst finding a candidate who has competent experience across all these tools and technology is rather ambitious, we require a candidate who is willing to get underneath the hood of all of these technologies so that the Agency can maximise their usage and output.
- Trail blazers – The client are market leaders and therefore they need markets leaders who are not afraid to break down the norms and find better ways of planning and buying media.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Campaign Planning & Brief Management
- Campaign Reporting and Optimisation Management
- Finance Management
- Account Management
- Client and Client Comms Management
- Team Development
- Support Senior Team Leads
Further information can be provided in all the above areas
- Have an innate curiosity and a willingness to share ideas, thoughts & insights with the wider team.
- Develop a strong working relationship with colleagues & nurture positive team spirit.
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with the Clients internal departments and other agencies partners.
- Be part of the discussion – in our client meetings everyone’s opinions count so you need to make yours heard too!
- Have great work ethic and actively take pride in everything you do – really care about delivering great work.
- Great attention to detail and a high level of numeracy – spot it first!
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude and approach.
- Manage the development of the Senior Planners and Planners across the team.
- High level of literacy and accuracy with English language.
- Always communicate clearly, accurately and professionally.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools/programmes.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Fun loving.