Our client is a leading Media Agency with over 10,000 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. They are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, designers, scientists, musicians, strategists, buyers, thinkers, planners and mathematicians that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The EMEA umbrella includes a number of Agencies who manage a combined billing power of £3 billion for some of the largest companies and employ over 3,400 people across EMEA.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The EMEA Growth Group is a dynamic team of individuals that sits at the heart of the Agencies growth strategy, bringing together business development, communications and design functions and operating across EMEA. They are an empowered, unified team that is able to clearly concentrate all of its efforts towards growing the business and enhancing the reputation as the most dynamic company (not just within the media space) powered by the industry’s best talent.
Within this group, working alongside the communications and design teams, the new business team acts as a catalyst for expanding the business with new and existing clients, and has the following responsibilities:
- Lead EMEA based global and regional pitches.
- Provide support to international pitches managed by the Global Growth team (based in New York) and other regions.
- Assist individual agencies to deliver first-class responses to new business opportunities.
- Manage efficiencies with partner agencies.
- Ensure top quality delivery of all pitch-related content, assets and material.
- Build a pitch team to deliver the above for each new opportunity that presents itself.
- Fuel the Global Growth Group in New York with new business and market information.
- Establish & maintain a longer-term new business pipeline.
- Create prospecting material.
- Connect to and communicate with prospects.
Drive network efficiencies:
- Understand the latest capabilities of the group’s agencies and specialist divisions.
- Maintain strong relationships with individual markets.
- Act as an EMEA knowledge hub.
- Work closely with marketing, design and production teams to deliver relevant and best-in-class communications to prospects and pitch clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The EMEA Growth Group is a fast-paced, results-driven team that maintains a strong culture of togetherness and team spirit. The ideal candidate will seek to be at the centre of growth for the network.
Reporting into the Group New Business Director, the New Business Director’s primary responsibility will be to assist pitch management for the group.
The role involves supporting the new business pitch process and supporting the team to deliver all key elements of a pitch, including meetings, RFIs (Requests for Information) and RFPs (Requests for Proposal). The candidate will be responsible for assisting the teams, delivering pitch project plans, managing pitch budgets and ensuring deadlines are met.
The candidate will also be expected to connect with the specialist and local teams to guarantee the excellence of local responses, based on global/regional direction, as well as delivering of pitch collateral and theatre.
This role is a unique opportunity for an ambitious candidate to work at a holding group company level, with fantastic exposure to different media agency cultures, teams and senior management.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish an on-going relationship with local and central pitch teams.
- Support the New Business Director in pitch process and content review. This includes:
- Deliver administrative documents such as pitch background documents that will be shared with senior management, create pitch timing plan, handle pitch budget, etc.
- Manage RFI documents completion.
- Brief and support Production team when appropriate.
- Proofread written submissions.
- Organise logistics across the pitch process.
- Manage the new business reporting system for senior management.
- Support Network with Ad-hoc requests.
We are seeking a personable, well organised candidate who is passionate about entry-level talent. You will be extremely personable, have a good phone manner and enjoy building relationships with people, as well as having a good eye for detail.
- Experience of working in a media agency.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to multitask and handle daily. conversations with multiple markets and disciplines.
- Prior experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Design knowledge is advantageous.