Our client is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. They have an offering across all areas of communications with Media and Creative leading the field. As such, their ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core.
Working within their media division you will be part of a boutique service, building teams around their client teams. They have a challenger mentality, their values run through everything they do; taking pride in working as genuine partners with clients. In an ever- changing media landscape, they have a single-minded focus: making brands more meaningful. They work with both grown-ups and scale ups that have the desire to change, disrupt or grow within their own business or category.
This is an exciting and dynamic position. As Account Director you will play a pivotal role and truly own relationships with two leading clients.
The Account Director will sit within the wider client planning team which incorporates both brand and demand focused activities to ensure full integration. They are looking for someone with strong integrated media communications planning experience, with best in class account and client handling, the ability to manage direct reports and multiple internal stakeholders in a cross disciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to develop strategic thinking and planning skills with the need to apply audience insight and strategic rigour to each of the briefs you will interpret, respond to and manage on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have a boundless enthusiasm and positivity first and foremost, with the ability to work with the team to provide best in class service for these clients and deliver innovative solutions. A major part of the role will be challenging the client to think in new ways in terms of delivering business needs and answering briefs with a focus on all aspects of media. This role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to grow and establish strong client relationships and campaign management skills.
- Manage both clients on a day to day basis, working closely to understand their business challenges
- Owns the response to client briefs – ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class and delivering against client’s targets and objectives, demonstrating a deep understanding of media channels.
- Leads and manages client projects through to completion; coordinating the execution of media plans with other internal specialist teams and with media owners
- Demonstration of an obsession for the client’s business performance at all times, challenging the status quo and driving innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Places the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Develop and lead innovative, data-driven strategies for integrated media strategies across all channels (on and offline)
- Drive innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Experience in cross channel (offline and online) planning and implementation – from strategy to implementation and in-flight analysis / optimisation
- Identify new opportunities and approaches to unlock incremental performance gains.
- Drive best practice throughout the wider digital specialist teams; specifically improving the quality of insight, planning rationale and the development of digital campaigns.
- Inspiring the team and ensuring that best in class reporting and analysis is produced for all activity/ campaigns.
- Strong internal commercial management including accurate and up to date forecasting, committed management of budgets and commercial action plans and a good eye for delivering profitability and commercial opportunities that will add value to client’s business.
- Oversees the team’s workload and output and owns the appraisal process for direct reports and responsibility for their skills development and performance
- Demonstration of strong upward management skills to ensure that all senior leaders are continually aware of opportunities and risks for clients, the business and people
- Well informed about the current and future trends, in technology and media – and able to translate these trends into relevant and actionable recommendations
- Act as a cultural lead for the agency by leading by example and inspiring others.
- Involved with other department projects and initiatives as well as being active in new business opportunities and pitches as and when they arise.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience as a business lead within a media agency with fast paced client relationships is a must
- An in depth understanding of all media channels as well as working knowledge of strategy and client marketing
- Someone with a strong background in both Brand and Performance marketing, especially the evolving digital media environment
- Working knowledge of paid, owned, earned and shared media channels in both digital and offline
- Strong team leadership skills and experience in leading a cross – discipline team
- Inspiring presentation skills with clients and in pitches
- Strong business, market, consumer and brand/performance understanding
The Type of Character We Are Looking For
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and always looking for ways to improve what we do and how we deliver
- Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable, with a fastidious attention to detail
- An organised operator who thrives under the demands
- Gravitas and confidence, someone who can comfortably communicate and relate to all levels of people within a business
- Excellent mathematical, written, oral, presentation and analytics skills.
- A clear communicator who keeps the use of jargon to a minimum
- A leader, team player and a passionate motivator. We are committed, driven and action oriented, but we also like to have some fun
- People and culture are what makes agencies special and we want someone who is great to work with as part of a like-minded team
- Passionate about media and the communications landscape
- Someone who fully understands and will embody our values