With consumers more connected, through a range of devices, than ever before, the era of media convergence is presenting many opportunities as well as a new, complex media eco-system. From identifying who the consumers are, to how they make their decisions, this Agency group make the best use of today’s media mix to bring to life the right communication strategy and deliver the best results for clients.
Their values define what is important to them and how they do business. They are a shared set of beliefs, which drive behaviour and bind them together beyond individual brands and geographies.
You will be working in the media investment arm which is designed for today’s era of convergence, it brings a consistent and global approach to paid for display media investment across all channel. Centred around trading, data management, media partnerships and real-time bidding.
This is a global role based in London.
This role is reporting to a Global Investment Director.
80% of the role focuses on the delivery and management of Performance Related Incentive Payments (PRIPs) across a number of global clients.
Based on guarantees of media buying performance, the PRIPs are of huge importance to the clients and are critical to the commercial success of the agency.
The role involves ensuring timely reporting as well as actively managing value delivery for a selection of brands but there is also scope to become involved in new business.
The other 20% of this role is new business management; the person will be involved in some international pitches and will work on the pricing and commercial offers. Coordinating the network and quality checking auditor templates falls under the responsibility of this position.
This role involves some exposure to senior people internally and also to 3rd party auditors.
No travel is involved in this position.
Who are we looking for:
- An energetic, enthusiastic candidate that brings a positive can-do attitude
- Someone who is able to manage and prioritise work-loads
- A team player; you are happy to support colleagues at all levels at all times.
- You are committed; reliable; diligent and set high personal standards for yourself
- You have good initiative and proactivity – you are hands on and a “problem solver”
- You have personal integrity and are able quickly to earn the respect of your peers
- You are highly numerate and an excellent communicator
- You are sociable, interested and interesting
- You have a minimum of 3-4 years’ work experience in the advertising/media industry (agency/client/auditor); preferably at a global level and are interested in the world of communication
- Experience of media performance tracking and delivery for international clients and a solid understanding of the basic principles of how media is bought and traded
- Good command of Excel and other Office software
- Proven ability to co-ordinate and manage projects, involving numerous stakeholders
- Experience of line managing an exec. Preferential but not essential.
Key responsibilities and skills:
Work closely with Investment Directors in the Global Investment team, local markets, and 3rd party auditors to ensure commercial delivery on existing clients and for new business pitches.
Fulfilling responsibilities requires:
- Understanding of the Agency, Client, and Auditor methodologies on key clients.
- Daily management of workload and communication internally, and with the markets, ensuring timely delivery of reporting.
- Being on top of ongoing workload – taking ownership for the work, creating trust from directors.
- Participating and contributing in internal and auditor meetings.
- Establishing close working relation with internal stakeholders (account team and business leads) and local teams.
- Being culturally sensitive when working with local teams, and be open and interested about experiencing an international work culture.
- Learning from local markets; identifying similarities and differences between trading and buying practices across borders and sharing best-practices cross-market.
- Seeking feedback on performance from line managers and peers.
- Showing engagement, curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Being very accurate and precise in all reporting work, requiring a good level of analytical and numerical skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Having a strong command of Excel; being able to construct formulas, work with links, debug technical issues, and work across several templates simultaneously.
- Having a good understanding of media metrics (GRP, planning vs. buying audience, rating, CPM, CPE, CPA, CTR, CPC, insertion, panels, cpSpot, rebates, AVB, inflation…etc.).
- Communicating clearly and effectively with line managers and local teams – getting your point across, being straight forward and honest.
- Raising issues to line managers immediately; asking questions when faced with ambiguity or doubt.
- Sharing any good practice and learning with the team; suggest recommendations and improvements where it felt appropriate.
- Managing workflow upwards as well as downwards in an effective and efficient manner.
- Acting as line-manager to an exec / senior exec, monitoring and guiding their performance
- Assuming responsibility for ensuring complete accuracy with regards to all reporting deliverables.