Our client is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries with notable offerings across all communications sectors, but mainly Creative and Media.
They have a multi-disciplinary offering, united under one leadership, all in one building covering advertising, media, data and technology, digital, social, mobile, CRM, UX, sports and entertainment, public relations, corporate communications, healthcare, design, research, employer branding and recruitment.
The International division is a dedicated team supporting global and international clients across insight, media, creative and digital. The culture of the group is best described as dynamic, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
They are solely immersed in international assignments and have the experience and understanding to fulfil the needs and challenges of international clients. They believe in modelling team structures after those of their clients. They are set up to meet the unique requirements of each, from highly centralized managing multiple markets from one hub to more coordinated or decentralized needs, but in all cases seeking to add value by leveraging central and local media expertise and the totality of client’s media investments.
The International Account Manager will sit within the International client media planning team. Client planning holds the keys to the client brief and is responsible for delivering excellence in client servicing by understanding the DNA of the clients’ business and marketing objectives. As a key member of the team, the role entails working on a number of key international accounts. You’ll be expected to help manage a best in class service for clients, as well as develop innovative solutions to their business needs. You’ll be expected to support the senior account team, develop strong client and industry relationships in order to manage day to day activity, whilst developing junior team members and advocating for the Agency within the London agency market.
- To provide support to the account director and managing partner across a wide skill set (planning, buying, reporting, billing, administration)
- Be a day to day point of contact for the clients, providing regular campaign updates and proactively manage client expectations
- Working closely with larger team, in particular the other Account Manager to align on workload and responsibilities
- Demonstration of sound understanding of both offline and online planning and the roles of each channel, including conflicts and issues
- Development of client management skills, providing core support on account handling
- Develop the media skills of the account executives across the team (responsible for two)
- To provide support/assist with any additional projects beyond client responsibilities as requested (new business, market reviews, competitive analysis, trend reports)
- Leads by example, taking a positive attitude at all times, embracing opportunities, resolving issues collaboratively and swiftly, and making sure that the account directors are kept abreast of any issues/concerns
- Monitoring of your workload in addition to any direct reports, ensuring a high-quality output
Who we’re looking for:
- Star talent! With a passion and thirst to thrive in the media industry
- Previous commercial experience across both offline and online media planning/buying experience from a media agency environment (ideally within an international account management team)
- Prior experience of client management and clear communication skills, able to present with conviction and gravitas
- Candidate must have good administration skills: attention to detail, an eye for creating clear and concise presentations, ability to work in multiple currencies and enthusiastic approach to other more menial aspects of the role
- Knowledge of industry research and measurement tools (TGI, ComScore, Google Analytics, Adynamic, DCM, Sizmek)
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Self-starter, results-driven, solution-oriented, team player
- Further European language skills will be of advantage (notably French).