Our client is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions covering both Creative and Media.
They have a multi-disciplinary offering, united under one leadership, all in one building. advertising, media, data and technology, digital, social, mobile, CRM, UX, sports and entertainment, public relations, corporate communications, healthcare, design, research, employer branding and recruitment. They are a truly integrated marketing and communications company in the UK.
The International team is a dedicated team supporting global and international clients across insight, media, creative and digital. The culture of the group is best described as dynamic, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
They are solely immersed in international assignments and have the experience and understanding to fulfil the needs and challenges of international clients. They believe in modelling team structures after those of their clients. They are set up to meet the unique requirements of each, from highly centralized managing multiple markets from one hub to more coordinated or decentralized needs, but in all cases seeking to add value by leveraging central and local media expertise and the totality of client’s media investments.
The Regional Account Manager will primarily be working with the African markets and with some responsibilities across Eastern European markets, as part of a London based regional hub team that coordinates media activities across these regions for a major Automotive client.
The role of the regional hub is to manage the planning and implementation of centrally approved plans through the local markets and to provide expert guidance on regional trends and market specifics to ensure client optimal campaign planning and delivery.
The role requires a blend of multi market media coordination activities, strategy support and account management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated individual who will be a valuable addition to our international team.
- Report to the RAD and take responsibility for the day to day output of the regional hub by coordinating inputs from markets and adding value by checking and validating submitted work.
- Proactively manage the overall preparation and delivery of regular deliverables such as regional strategy development inputs, planning, implementation and reporting.
- Act as custodian of client processes and ensure region wide understanding and compliance. Providing support and training to local markets to ensure it.
- Guide the client through market responses, particularly new or seldom active markets to ensure market information is well received.
- Support the global teams in the collection and checking of regional data and insights for inclusion in global knowledge and insight deliverables.
- Provide support to local markets to ensure understanding of and compliance to central strategies and relevant local activations.
- Develop and monitor weekly communications and contact programme with local markets and central clients.
- Act as knowledge centre for the regions, by demonstrating expertise and understanding of the local markets within the region.
- Bring more media innovation and media firsts to the local markets / sharing of knowledge and expertise between markets and regions.
- Interacting, coordinating and supporting other internal teams and agencies, for campaign planning, executions and reporting.
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to liaise confidently with clients at all levels and react to diverse cultural practises.
- Relationship building skills internally (local offices, global teams, finance team) and externally (clients and media owners) with the ability to quickly build rapport and establish strong working relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and timeline management, effective under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Clear and precise communication skills, both written and presentation.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and data base packages.
- The candidate has a thorough understanding of the whole media planning and implementation process and the role of media (ATL and digital) in the context of marketing strategy.
- Be proactive – some markets under the remit are not sophisticated and therefore require proactive thinking to meet and manage client’s expectations.
- Excellent written and spoken English (other languages helpful).
- The candidate will have at least 2-3 years experience in a media agency preferably in an international capacity and therefore with some coordination experience.