The role in summary
The Ad Technology Director is a key role for this Global Automotive brand. Reporting into the Global Performance Lead, the key responsibilities are:
- Platforms integrations across the ad technology recommendation for the client e.g. ad server(s), DSP, DMP, Paid Search Paid Social, and Direct IO buys.
- Technical and Operational point-of-contact for error escalation.
- Workflow and process guidelines documentation, for data governance and best practices sharing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Work closely with agency client account teams to solve media problems and assist with identifying new opportunities to improve work processes.
- Monitor media tag deployments within Tag Management Systems (TMS).
- Help specialist teams with on boarding process to Tag Management Systems.
- Answer basic support question about Tag Management Systems platforms.
- Partner with internal and external teams to test and deploy new tracking solutions while monitoring and optimising existing integrations.
- Ensure data capture is consistent and accurate across ad technology platforms.
- Serve as a technical contact and subject matter expert for all 3rd party ad server and media tags/tracking implementation requests.
- Strengthen relationships with Ad Technology vendors and evaluate new tools and products to augment existing capabilities.
- Test, validate and troubleshoot tagging and tracking issues as they occur – communicating status/next steps until resolution with all relevant stakeholders.
- Create and maintain technical tagging documentation.
- Catalogue tagging implemented on client websites and beyond.
- Manage administration, governance and compliance of best practice guidelines for platform integrations and consistent data flow.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical audience.
- Staying up to date on digital industry trends and developments in the digital market and new technologies – seek ways to continually improve and optimise current processes by recommending appropriate technical solutions.
- Managing and prioritising work effectively to ensure internal deadlines, timetables and approvals are met.
- Deliver training and education pieces clearly, understandable and develops the skills of the team or the clients.
- Ensure clients are always up-to-date with critical information and that expectations are managed.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the Agency, what each specialist departments do, connecting teams and facilitating work to deliver brilliant basics.
- Ensure that the digital ops team are striving to deliver excellent work.
- Audit quality of work regularly.
- Have an in-depth understanding of what the client does, their competitive landscapes, dynamics of the consumers in their category and wha tthe Agency does for them.
- Support client teams in managing clients and technical integration projects.
- Be a key source of information for best practice, rigor and details of how media technology works.
- Workshops attendance different stakeholders to develop, plan and deploy DMP (Data Management Platform) use-cases and activation via ad technology partner platforms used by the agency for the client (e.g. ad server, DSP, etc.).
Core competencies (specific to specialism)
Education Minimum Requirement:
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university – preferably in Computer Science, Marketing, or a related field of study i.e. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Information Technology.
Technical skillset requirements:
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Understand the role of tracking technologies and how it underpins digital ad operations
- Hands-on experience with ad server technology solutions (i.e. DoubleClick/DCM, Sizmek, AdForm and FlashTalking).
- Hands-on experience with tag management systems (i.e. Google Tag Manager) in web and mobile browser and mobile app environments.
- Strong understanding of A/B and multivariate testing techniques and best practices.
- Quantitative mind set, with a desire to work in a data-intensive environment.
- Passion for both digital media and digital technology.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and/or e-commerce.
- Curious by nature with strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a business setting and someone who has business acumen and an innovative mind-set.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A specialist unit, who remain part of a larger network that brings together the best of their talent, tools and systems across 43 specific client locations clustered into 4 key regions – Region Germany, Region Europe, Region NAFTA & Region Overseas. The talent in global, regional & local teams are fully unified and act as one. They are committed to driving the clients digital transformation agenda & harnessing data in new and more innovative ways to unlock demand potentials.
Artful Intelligence: Fusing data-led intelligence and innovation in strategic planning to deliver artfully curated experiences across the consumer journey.
Media as an accelerator of marketing performance, lead generation & conversion.