Our client, a leading Media Agency has established a Knowledge Consultancy group utilising twenty years’ worth of UK and international strategic data and case studies. They’ve created knowledge and benchmarks on media, brands, businesses, and categories. They use this evidence to power strategic business planning, guide brands, media owners and media agencies in making effective strategic marketing decisions about long-term revenue, business growth and brand health.
They have recently taken on a long-term project for a leading client to assess the media buying framework across the wider Agency. The Agency has driven unparalleled success in effectiveness and creativity in the industry and have won numerous awards for this work.
This role combines the best of the divisions expertise in strategic high level and meta data and the practice of benchmarking, applied to a huge client with a dedicated and integrated team at the Agency to drive forward the effectiveness of government marketing across all areas in the UK.
To do this we have created a bespoke offering for the client that combines the scale and power of the Media Agency with the intelligent application specialist divisions. The team is powered by a new operating platform, a customised system housing all tools, data and knowledge and a new collaborative way of working and process, developed specifically for the clients requirements.
They are looking for passionate, dedicated and motivated individuals who understand the responsibility and actively want to be part of this unique and special team, but with analytical and strategic data/ knowledge skills to manage the workstream
We are recruiting a Consultant Manager to help with the development of the clients communications knowledge database, to support wider teams with access to a structured database of their collective results, as well as producing analysis and insight to aid strategic planning and buying at the agency. You will help compile knowledge into the system and run analysis and reports for key policy areas and departments.
We are looking for a proactive individual with strong communication and project management skills to work closely with the CEO of the division, supported by a team of 3-4 junior colleagues. You will lead and coordinate the creation and analysis of a holistic communications benchmark database, covering media outputs from the Agency such as channel spends and media metrics, coupled with attitudinal outtake metrics from tracking studies and social listening, owned data such as web analytics, PR data, and varied behavioural outcome data such as applications.
This is a high profile and long-term project which will encompass working with multiple types of media, research, and business data, and will create a holistic and usable database platform, incorporating elements of automation linking to wider platforms in the business where possible. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple senior stake-holders from across a variety of teams within the Agency and present back analysis and findings to the client across the course of the framework.
Career development and high levels of training are available.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Project management and process / QA development for the continued creation and collation of the benchmark database
- Responsible for, alongside the wider team, compiling information into the system, editing and summarizing e.g. results reports and research papers, analyzing data to create norms and averages, interpreting findings to add “wisdom” to the information and knowledge
- Communicating progress updates and interesting learnings to the wider Agency teams and Client
- Creation of norms and insights
- Responsible for junior team development
- 6+ years of experience working within a media auditing, research and/or database analytical role, ideally within a communications and media environment.
- Proven project management skills
- Able to employ efficient methods for exploratory analysis (identifying patterns, trends, issues)
- Proven data management and manipulation techniques, such as VBA and data coding are an advantage but not essential.
- Understanding and interpretation of different data types across media, finance, and research, and the quality and legislative requirements when working and storing these data types
- Experience using software for data visualisation and meta-analysis (E.G. SPSS or Tableau) an advantage but not essential
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to clearly communicate analysis results, verbally and in presentations
Communication & Problem Solving
- Nested as it is within a media agency, the role will require you to build strong day to day relationships with media planners and strategists. Motivated by self-discovery, you will bring a pro-active attitude to the work-place
- Work collaboratively with wider teams to understand the insight they can act upon
- Be able to prioritise multiple projects and outputs, meeting required deadlines
- Communicate complex and technical insights or issues to wider senior stakeholders who are non-technical, adding value and creating trust
- Provide high quality visualizations and output of the consultancy analytics element
- Take steps to understand client business to ensure analysis is grounded in the context of the challenges they’re facing
- Energetic, determined and solutions orientated
- Interested/ curious about Brands, Businesses, Marketing and Media Government marketing
- Collaborative and happy to work in a team supporting managers and directors
- Will “muck in” and help with data loading, checking, meta-data creation when required
- Timely, organized, strong communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Highly numerate (statistical training an advantage but not essential). Ability to translate statistical and analytic findings into recommendations
- Ability to multitask / cope with a dynamic environment