Our client is a unique Global Agency with a unique model set up to manage all areas of this global account. Within their uniquely integrated function they cover all areas of their clients business covering every aspect from media, creative, advertising, technology and data and as such hold a very special relationship with their client.
The role of the Communications Planner is to participate in the communication development process to deliver imaginative strategic thinking to underpin the agency’s work. Operating as part of a core planning team for European campaigns, you will work in partnership with the planning, media & creative teams plus agency partners to develop integrated communication strategies that deliver on the clients business objectives. This role is integral to informing the paid, owned and earned channels used to drive business results for the client.
Key to this role, you will come with specialist experience in cross channel acquisition focusing on the digital.
This role sits within the Planning team within the European Agency team. As a part of a “full service” agency the team is unique with Brand, Communications, Specialist Digital and Media planners all working together with the same brief, the same team and the same objectives.
The Planning team is tightly connected to the creative team to ensure that Brand Strategy, Communications Strategy, Creative work and the final Media Plan all work together to generate the greatest possible impact.
Each project has a dedicated team of a Brand, Comms and Digital planners, The Media BD will directly work with the wider teams to design and deliver on these campaigns. Key to this role is to oversee the media output of the planning rings to ensure it is as creative and impactful as possible as well as being deliverable on in the local markets providing full guidance for strategy and implementation.
This is a role created to respond to the need for audience led, “always on” lead generation & sales conversion using data & digital. It is a great opportunity to join the team and build this area of the business. The integrated nature means that the successful applicant will get direct exposure to, and work with, a range of talented specialists across the full advertising & marketing spectrum. If you want to grow your integrated advertising exposure, the agencies collaborative culture means proactive team members are able to develop their skills across new areas with the support of specialists around them.
Role and Responsibilities
- 1. Strategy & Planning
- Create & present long term and short term strategy roadmaps for the clients and put the necessary steps in place to make them happen
- Creation of strong, compelling and strategic communications thought pieces on how digital channels can be used to integrate the consumer journey and being able to define the role of digital at a macro business level
- Client Leadership
- Strong commercial acumen & Demonstrated capability to build client trust as an advisor
- Partnership & Collaboration
- Build & establish strong relationships with cross functional teams to deliver on projects (e.g. planning, creative, data planning & analytics)
- Communicate/share/develop digital planning and buying experience amongst other team members
- Media all-rounder with knowledge of all channels with proven experience in and strong understanding of multiple relevant digital media channels (online display, social, paid search, SEO, programmatic, etc.) as well as a passionate following of new/emerging channels & technologies
- Hands on knowledge tools such as TGI & Google Analytics, search trends, ad servers (e.g. doubleclick), social analytics (e.g. Crimson Hexagon), data visualisation & analysis tools.
- High level numeracy and analysis skills, to be able to interrogate data and coming out with actionable insights to inform business decisions
- Rounded knowledge of media technology and use
- Solid experience of working within a media buying & planning environment
- Experience working with creative teams an advantage