Our client is an award-winning innovative agency designed to deliver true ‘integration’ with the speed, diversity and limitless potential of modern communications. Bringing together best-of-breed data, media, advertising, technology and content under one roof in multiple markets around the world.
Part of a large network agency they house the needs of one key client, and therefore boast exceptional integration with the client with unique access to the clients marketing department.
The agency has a truly unique, vibrant and sociable culture offering great career prospects for Advertising & Marketing Communications professionals wishing to enhance their careers within a full-service environment, working on one of the world’s biggest advertisers, on a local, regional and global scale.
Live planning is a new discipline within the Agency and fits within the newly formed Biddable Media Team. A team aimed at coordinating all spend on so-called biddable media channels across Europe (YouTube, Programmatic, Social, Search). This new position reflects the shift from a channel led approach to an audience led approach. With media optimisation happening in real time.
The team is looking at finding efficiencies through technology, process and most notably media spend. It will be your job as the live planner to work with the wider biddable team and the local markets (in this case the UK) to plan and optimise campaign and always on activity. There will also be an expectation to report back to clients in tandem with the digital lead. Although a European role there will be significant work with local market channel leads.
You will work directly with the team to share learning, make recommendations and define the process of how to make European digital media deployment as efficient as possible. You will also work closely with the client and agency local team. Liaising closely with the local digital lead during the planning stage and with the execution teams during activation. When activity is live, you will be responsible for optimising the plan across audiences and channels, ensuring consistency with client KPIs.
Throughout the whole process, live planners will work closely with the biddable team to ensure they can collect data generated learnings correctly and that they measure all the important KPIs set by the client. These learnings will be used in defining and designing future activity and include providing direction on data collection to ensure it is usable for attribution, modelling and for generating learnings.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role is key in the development of the biddable team. You will have a high standard of technical knowledge, a commitment to test & learn and the ability to identify new approaches to deliver better results.
Support local digital lead and practitioners in the planning phase to provide additional insights using the latest data and tech. The team will be using DoubleClick as the main data collection tool so experience of the DoubleClick ecosystem is a must.
Work with the European and local teams to build audience segment targeting strategies.
Audiences & Measurement
Monitor live audience and targeting segments to assess behaviour and performance i.e. actual versus predicted behaviour. Where possible, refine targeting in campaign to optimise performance. Collect data to inform learnings and evolve future activity.
- Assess actual behaviour versus predicted behaviour using signals defined in the measurement framework.
- Refine audience targeting in campaign to optimise results, applying statistical analysis and working within confidence limits defined in measurement framework.
- Collect data to inform insights and learning for future activity. Input into the Post Campaign Analysis.
- Use learnings to evolve audience data strategy and targeting.
Provide reports as agreed, collating data over agreed time-frame and providing statistical analysis of performance.
Live Planners will have a strong understanding of the media ecosystem, how the channels interact and how content can be distributed through paid media. This understanding must be coupled with an understanding of the operation of the media channels, how to measure their performance and interpret results of media activity.
This includes knowledge of:
- UK media ecosystem, MarTech, AdTech and “programmatic” buying systems.
- Structure & function of social media platforms, search platforms and data opportunities.
- Optimisation, measurement and reporting of digital channels.
- 3rd party data sources and ability to estimate value of additional data to activity.
- Media metrics across all channels.
- DoubleClick (DS, DCM, DBM)
This includes the skills to:
- Identify optimisation opportunities across channels
- Understand synergies between media channels.
- Interpret historical digital activity results to set budgets by channel.
- Design audiences in both addressable and non-addressable media in detail.
- Detailed understanding of tagging and ability to define strategy for insight