You will be working at one of the most successful and highly regarded Agencies in town with a fantastic new business record and a roster of clients that further cement their standing. You will be part of a unique client centred account which offers considerable buying scope and the opportunity to get involved in some truly ground breaking and unique work.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
The AV Account Director, reporting directly to the AV Investment Director, is the senior “day to day” lead of a dedicated implementational planning & buying team. They will have an AV Account Manager and several AV Account Executives to ensure that all media plans are delivered to the best standard possible.
The Account Director must demonstrate a high level of understanding of the AV marketplace and ensure that all plans reflect this ever-changing marketplace to deliver the best outcomes for any campaign. This must be coupled with a strong understanding of the outcome and audit process.
This is a great opportunity to lead a dedicated group of individuals on one of the biggest media accounts in the UK
- Day to day AV lead on specific portfolio, managing your team on a number of campaigns to ensure work is delivered to highest standard.
- Understand the agency’s commercial agenda and clients’ contractual obligations, and work with your client team counterparts to develop strategies and plans that can deliver against them
- Explore, develop, inspire and lead investment initiatives and be an active and willing trade ambassador in your area
- Work closely with other stakeholders to raise the bar of AV planning and buying output in your team
- Ensure your team are continuously working to optimise campaigns to ensure the most efficient plan is being bought for the client
- Educate and guide clients on an ever-evolving AV media landscape
- Be responsible for the team’s tracking and accuracy of the audit process
- Take responsibility for and be accountable on client buying guarantees/PRF’s/audits your key specialism
- Thorough knowledge of trading deals. Recognising opportunities and influencing situation to aid delivery of deals
- Ensure all AV forecasting is as accurate and as up to date as possible
- Proactively look at opportunities to drive additional value and efficiencies across AV team
- Thinks proactively: challenges briefs and budget allocation where necessary, and actively takes relevant proposals to client team and clients rather than waiting for a brief
- Excellent relationships with key senior suppliers across the AV marketplace as well as development of relationships in other channels where possible
- Ensure you and your team are demonstrating the best financial processes in regards to reconciliations, invoice booking and timesheet submission
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
- Clear leadership skills that continually drives your team to deliver successful outcomes for the government
- Detailed knowledge of the AV marketplace
- Excellent communication and presentations skills.
- Strong negotiation and diplomacy skills
- Extensive audit experience across all main audit stakeholders and methodologies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work to tights deadlines
- Act as effective coach/mentor for junior members of the team, delegating to them and helping them develop
- A confident and professional manner at all times, especially when under pressure
- Be able to lead, coach and nurture your team, and monitor career progression
- A good understanding of other media beyond AV
- Awareness of the importance of the financial process ie invoice booking, timesheets, etc