Our client is an award winning media agency. As a global network they have continued to drive considerable business ambition through ongoing client wins and retention and this sees them house some great brands who effectively tap into all areas of their business ensuring they’re at the cutting edge of new developments in the market.
With a strong emphasis on their people they continually strive for new ideas and have a unique approach to talent management with considerable investment in their people both from a professional training and wellbeing perspective.
This brief is for a role within the Client Team Department and will be working on a new account who has recruited the agency due to their truly creative and innovative approach with huge plans for future development.
Within the client team you will be a key point of contact and your remit will be to foster excellent relationships, deliver great work and to understand the brand, business, sector, performance and KPIs. The successful candidate will ideally have a strong background in performance planning, but also experience of planning brand campaigns at scale too. A strong knowledge of the digital landscape is key as this is a digital-first solution and the new clients are therefore very much at the forefront of technological developments.
The role within the client team is varied and you will be working internally with most departments. Responsibilities will include; the overall running of the account (including client requests, information, market and competitive updates, finance, income, understand targets, KPIs, audits and PRFs); taking and defining a brief; working with insight and strategy on the big insight and killer thought that should guide planning; evidencing the strategic approach, planning how to bring this strategy to life and deliver it through communications; briefing and working with the specialists and pulling core recommendations together; presenting, to clients; working harmoniously with other agency partners; ensuring strong and accurate delivery of media plans; and learning from all results and activity.
The Client Account Manager will be required to:
- Have a detailed knowledge of all media channels and how they work together or can complement each other, from print, digital to social and search.
- Have a clear understanding of a client’s business objectives; and a detailed understanding of their key business performance metrics
- Have a good understanding of measurement and analytics techniques, to inform campaign evaluation
- Collate and curate detailed insights from multiple sources in order to fuel planning and strategy
- Project Manage from start to finish on small to medium sized briefs
- Translate strategies into plans and with clear thought process showing how each channel fits within the strategies
- Develop strong relationships with key media partners and internal divisions and having a point of view on their areas of specialism
- Oversee running of finance processes on an account
- Deliver work, especially plans and presentations that are 100% accurate, with excellent attention to detail
- Manage output of more junior employees and supporting their development
- Be proactive, helpful, friendly, supportive, positive, professional, organised
- Have a strong knowledge of Planning tools – Addynamix, DDS, TGI e-Telmar etc
- Have great communication skills & strong working relationships with peers in digital and specialist divisions, investment, external agencies and clients to deliver integrated plans
- Have the ability to run inter agency meetings with creative and PR agencies
- Confidently deliver presentations strong and compelling insights & recommendations internally and to mid/junior clients
- Demonstrate ‘progressiveness’ in our approach to great client work by being inquisitive, imaginative and brave.
- Be highly organised, able to multi task and proactively manage workload
- Exploit new opportunities as channels converge
- Be organised and take responsibility for being on top of everything the client expects you to be, communicating the status of projects clearly
- Be able to effectively coach more junior team members, imparting knowledge
- Take a role in the formal development of the junior team through involvement in their appraisal process