Our client are a brilliant bunch of people from all different walks of life, from a variety of countries. They come together to provide excellent digital marketing services, to grow and create this special business and to share some laughter along the way.
It is their aim to bring digital marketing fuel to CEOs, Marketing Directors and Business owners alike. We do this by partnering as a specialised extension of their clients marketing team and offering skills in a number of areas.
The brain child of a truly great Digital Marketer, you will be learning from some excellent industry talent who pride themselves on providing exceptional development for their people in a team environment where everyone pitches in.
Their core clients are mid-sized in budget and size. This means that the marketing recommendations they make can have a massive impact and can be implemented much quicker than would otherwise be possible in a multi-national business.
With a belief that their id a gap in the market for talented consultants that care about the business as if it is their own: so that’s the approach. They also believe that the big agencies are under-servicing these middle spenders and can lose precious time and energy with internal politics. By providing the best strategic expertise and dedicated implementation - drilling down to the finest details - they provide a service that is second to none.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join as a Search Guru. Specialist. Search is a core part of their offering to clients and you’ll have an opportunity to learn and lead on client accounts when it comes to the search strategy and activation.
Your primary responsibilities
- Leading the search marketing offering for the agency and their clients
- Creating search strategies for small and medium-sized businesses that work concurrently as part of an overall growth marketing program
- Setting up campaigns in Adwords
- Ensuring all accounts are tracked effectively and data is reporting correctly
- Writing ad copy for paid search campaigns
- Implementing onsite SEO fixes utilising 301 redirects, canonical tags, meta data, robots.txt and meta robots tags.
- Generating in-depth keyword strategies and continually mining for new keywords
- Managing client budgets and budget reconciliations.
- Managing the third-party relationships with the likes of Google and Bing
- Exploring innovating ways of driving search forward – such as voice search
- Ensuring that search marketing is playing its part to deliver targets and provide return on investment
- Explaining optimisations and strategies in written format and in meetings
- Executing technical SEO & PPC audits
- Conducting competitor SEO analysis to determine successful competitor strategies
- Recommending onsite SEO fixes
- Scrutinising data in Google Analytics or equivalent for opportunities
- Developing relationships and building trust with clients and the team
- Minimum 2 years of PPC & SEO experience (preferably agency side).
- A strong knowledge of technical SEO, PPC and organic search.
- Well versed in Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager.
- Experience working with website developers.
- Comfortable working with Schema markup.
- Good understanding of Screaming Frog, Majestic, Ahrefs and the Moz tool suite and willing to learn more
- Up to date with SEO trends and best practices.
- Extremely competent on Excel and Google Sheets and able to write macros and scripts.
- Possess a portfolio of successful SEO campaigns.
- Capable of producing documents that are well written and client ready.
- Qualified in Google PPC and Google Analytics or willing to take the exams upon starting.
- Strong reporting skills: creating weekly, monthly and quarterly client reports
Your key competencies
- Analytical ability. Can think logically on the basis of a set of rules and analyse situations using common sense.
- Attention to Detail. Thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- ‘Can do’ attitude. Must believe there is a way around everything. It’s just a matter of finding it.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Able to produce work significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
- Follow through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to challenging priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Strive for excellence (not mediocrity). Always delivers the best job to his or her abilities and sets a high standard.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Multi-tasking. Can effectively juggle and prioritise competing demands.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Organisation and planning. Plans, organises, schedules and budgets in an efficient manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Pro-activity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Responds constructively and expediently to client and staff communications and requests.
- Sound Judgment. Capacity to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound conclusions
- Team Player. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with team to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Work ethic. Possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Commanding use of the English language, spelling and grammar