This Agency is doing exceptionally well and Communications Design is the discipline and practice of crafting how a brand idea will be delivered through communications across an owned, earned and paid ecosystem in order to achieve a desired behavioural outcome.
The Communications Design team is creating the future of planning. Borrowing skills from User Experience, Digital, Public Relations and Content, these media professionals are responsible for curating how people connect and participate with brands through culturally rich ideas. Instead of considering the experience of a brand in components (media / channel planning), Communications Designers think about brand experience in totality (ecosystem planning) ensuring every encounter is useful and impactful.
The Communications Design team dynamically brings brands to life through their actions. They:
- Are experts in consumer and communications behaviour, and how changes in behaviours are creating new opportunities for connection
- Lead the creation of the dynamic ecosystem approach to deliver a strategy
- Work with partners (media, creative, technology, platforms, Specialist Business Units) to curate how a brand should connect within culture
- Lead the identification of the right audiences to address how to meet business goals, and guide the quantification of connection encounters holistically
- Champion innovative, forward thinking activities that help brands create value with their audience.
As Manager, Communications Design, you are responsible for managing the production and application of accurate and insightful consumer, cultural, media and market intelligence to contribute to an impactful communications ecosystem for your client.
With clear direction from your Account Director, you practically take the strategic design imperatives and communications idea and deploy a variety of data and intelligence to identify appropriate communications solutions. You are able to plot the course of action your team of Communications Designers needs to take, to address the challenge (tasks, approaches, tools, and timelines) and ensure best practice, innovative thinking is applied to the communications design fundamentals.
In this role, you are responsible for the preparation of the communications flowchart, and ensuring the communications plan is built on solid, data rich fundamentals that help brands grow. Working with partnerships, media vendors, and your communications design team, you ensure the accuracy of the inputs required for the development of the flowchart, and are responsible for ensuring any changes made to the approach are reflected in the plan.
As an experienced Comms Planner, you are an expert in the Agency design process, tools and techniques, and how to best apply and adapt these for a given scenario. You are a gifted planner who is able to synergize multiple data points into a cohesive story around the communications idea. You are a strong and nurturing manager, able to ensure your support design talent are able to produce high quality planning inputs that result in an effective, culturally resonant, highly connected communications solution.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate, impactful inputs that power the client’s communications plan and grow their business
- Responsible for managing the finance flow between client and agency via rigorous attention to detail on annual media plan
- Responsible for the timely, accurate delivery of day to day requests from the team
- Responsible for regular trend identification, culture and competitive analysis for client
- Work with the Account Director and Partnerships team to develop the best possible plan for the communications idea
- Manage the team output and development of the flowchart grounded in the communications idea, including oversight of the plan being accurately produced, to address the business goals
- Ensure the communications ecosystem extends beyond paid through the integration (and quantification) of owned, earned and shared impacts
- Lead the best practice production of audience and communications data and intelligence for the development of the communications plan, utilising relevant tools and techniques
- Contribute to the ideation team sessions in conjunction with the Strategy team and relevant SBU to generate creative & compelling connections ideas.
- Contribute to the profitability of primary accounts, and involvement of SBU
- Contributor to new business as required
- Strong, rigorous Media planning skills
- Category or audience experience as relevant
- Experience in managing or developing staff
- Ability to delegate and oversee direct reports
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time-management and organisational skills
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure