Our client is a leading full-service media agency who strives for Better Science and Art to create moments that drive business momentum for brands. They are made up of entrepreneurially-minded planners, researchers, investment experts, decision scientists, account executives, and content and activation specialists and operate from 130 offices in 100 countries.
Their culture is an inclusive one, where people are encouraged to bring their full selves to the office, and where personal and professional growth are a priority of every member of the team. The executive leadership is dedicated to building a culture that permeates every element of the company, from work flexibility, to career planning and regular talent reviews, to many social events.
You will be working on a Fortune 100 financial services brand, is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. They make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role reports to the Comms Director and will support the business with integrated planning. This role will provide you with exposure to newly developed global data and planning techniques and as such, this client is seen as being in the vanguard of the next generation of data infused media planning.
There will be 20+ employees within the client hub for this specific client and you will be part of this hub. The Planning Manager will be involved in delivery of relevant client action plans, working across this iconic financial brand.
The role is focused on the delivery of the media planning/creative ideas, as well as playing a key role in the delivery of the Moments Planning process. You will also be required to integrate & collaborate with partner agencies as appropriate.
THE PLANNING MANAGER MUST:
- Learn about clients business
- Discover actionable insights
- Deliver media planning and creative expertise
- Manage workflow through the agency effectively and efficiently
- Cement relationships with day-to-day clients and form relationships with senior clients
- Identify new opportunities to achieve best in class communications
- Increase revenue and profitability
- Monitor client revenue
- Develop, mentor and help retain the up and coming talent
- Champion a team dynamic
- Active in new business pitches
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Comms Director in delivery of relevant client action plans
- Manage agency response and resource across relevant client requests
- Integrate & collaboration with partner agencies as appropriate
- Play a key role in the delivery of the Moments Planning process:
- Brand audits
- Audience opportunity
- Add strategic value where relevant
- Moments mapping and channel delivery
- Establish measurement scorecards where possible
- Ensure specialist briefs and subsequent buying briefs are in place
- Delivery of the media planning/creative ideas that feeds into key agency output
- Ensure the accuracy of media plans and DDS
- Deliver timely and insightful PCA’s
- Feed into relevant team appraisals
- Keep learning and development programs on track
- Develop personal and company fame
- A Senior Planner or Planning Manager with prior experience who is passionate about media and the role an agency can play in the evolving communications mix
- Dedicated and motivating manager, who helps create and maintain a powerful team dynamic
- Highly personable with a collaborative spirit, who develops good working relationships internally and externally with ease
- Good communication skills, familiar with developing strong client connections
- Positive and pro-active with a curious and creative mindset
- Highly ambitious, with a thirst for continually learning and improvement