Our client believes that better science and better art deliver better outcomes to clients in the media moments that matter most. They are a creative media agency, committed to blurring the lines between media and creativity, between data and content, between science and art. A global media network part of a larger company, they operates in over 100 countries, with 4,800 people innovating on a roster of leading clients.
This position sits within a dedicated client specific global agency, created within the group. Here in London they lead the Northern Europe cluster operating across six markets – UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland. On top of planning UK activity, they also support the teams across the markets ensuring they deliver a consistent product. They provide brands with full service communication solutions including media planning, digital marketing, research, analytics, PR, and social media.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This global FMCG client have partnered with the Agency to drive digital transformation. As leaders in digital adoption the discipline and channel is increasingly regarded as a strategic, high profile priority to the business and brands.
The Digital Account Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to develop strategic digital planning, drive innovation across markets & help evolve the clients media mix from traditional to digital channels. You will understand all facets of digital and support the brands in delivering joined up plans and preparing and distributing guidelines to markets to ensure best-in-class digital and consistency across the region.
Since the account is international, you will be responsible for coordinating with sister agencies across Europe/EMEA to ensure digital media planning and delivery is aligned to the broader business outputs.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the strategy team to create digital activation plans for priority brands in the portfolio across EMEA including many leading household names
- Help drive innovative solutions and identify relevant opportunities to evolve the media mix from traditional to digital channels;
- Have a solid grasp of the operations of all digital channels including: Search, Programmatic, Display, Video, Mobile, Social and Native;
- Work with the digital specialists to articulate a joined up and integrated digital ecosystem for brands consisting of paid, owned and earned media;
- Support brands in creating 1st party data strategies to provide granular audience insight and tailored targeting opportunities;
- Understand the full extent of the digital user journey by brand and deliver optimisation recommendations across all digital channels and creative formats and messaging;
- Produce digital channel guidelines for brands and markets to deliver best-in-class digital as well as consistency across the region;
- Create digital measurement frameworks for brands and markets to follow
- Support all team members in the development and delivery of strategic digital media plans and thought leadership for the region;
- Help achieve automated data integration with client systems;
- Stay up to date on all the latest developments in digital across all disciplines and channels;
- Work closely with strategic partners such as Facebook, Google and Integral Ad Science to develop global partnerships, product adoption and innovation;
- Lead digital workshops to ensure relevant stakeholders are up to date with digital
- Team coordination
- Create, develop and maintain relationships with EMEA markets and cluster leads;
- Lead local market briefing & support them in the implementation of their digital campaigns;
- Support and advise local markets to ensure that their media plans comply with the central brief and strategy;
- Confidently challenge and question recommendations to ensure the best possible delivery for the client
- Client management
- Gain the respect and trust of all relevant client personnel by demonstrating knowledge, commitment and enthusiasm for their business;
- Manage client expectations and have the ability to escalate issues quickly to if necessary;
- Constantly use your knowledge of the clients business to identify areas where the agency can help solve their marketing challenges.
- Experience of working in digital;
- International client experience preferred but not essential;
- High level of numeracy with a particular ability to analyse and interrogate numbers;
- Flawless execution, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong relationship builder with team, other departments and local markets;
- Ability to think on their feet, be proactive and take ownership of projects;
- Ability to balance the need for strategic thinking with the need to deliver and get things done;
- Flexible and open minded;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Strong desire to learn & to develop your media skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Strong understanding of overall marketing functions, integrated communications and communication channels;
- Strong desire to grow their knowledge base and skill set and take on new challenges
- Competent in Excel, PPT, Word and Outlook and knowledgeable on all relevant media research/tools available (e.g. TGI, Nielsen, comScore etc.).